Sunday, March 23, 2008

Humidity, Mickey and Platinos!!

Florida...home of the Marlins, delicious oranges, defective electoral processes, Walt Disney World, Mangroves, Cuba and...ME!
I just got back from an entire week in Orlando and my hometown of Miami! It was the first time I've been back since we moved out to Salt Lake 14 years ago! Here are a litter of pics from the trip:
This was taken after we landed in orlando! I just thought it was a really weird face my sister was making.







MARY POPPINS!!! I've had a crush on her since I was little. So, I put my arm around her and she told me that's not how gentlemen treat a lady. I WAS TAUGHT A THING OR TWO BY MARY POPPINS!! ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE!!!





........








We spent 25 minutes trying to figure out the fountain pattern in Epcot so we could time this pic. That little kid was driving me nuts cuz he kept on blocking the water when it would come out of the fountain. I wanted to throw stuff at him!





I didn't like where Mars was so I moved it here.








This is in Mexico in Epcot. They have this huge part called world showcase where they have places that represent different countries. Everything in the country is authentic. It's pretty bueno!









Um, I'm in Norway!








I was warding off Ninjas in Japan! Notice that my mom wasn't really all that impressed as she sits in front completely unaware of the potential danger Ninjas bring with them. Geez mom!!









THE HIGHPOINT OF DISNEY WORLD!!! I LOVE POOH BEAR AND FRIENDS!!! This was in England!







Me rockin out in front of Rock'n Rollercoaster. This is one of the coolest roller coasters I've ever rocked on!







The house I grew up in!! I even remember that corvette always parked in front of our house!!







I think this guy thinks he's the king of...stuff!








Raw Oysters








Me eating said oysters








My dad always thought this looked like a giant red tallywacker!! That's his terminology!!










This is Miami at night! This is when I realized how much I really missed it there. It's funny! I felt like I was home all week when we were there. I can't compare Salt Lake to Miami because they are so different in so many ways. But I think I could like in Miami again!!

So, there you have it! I hope you weren't too bored while I reminisce my amazing trip.

6 comments:

Melissa and Allen said...

Not bored at all, I have actually been waiting for this blog. Now you need to blog about your new place with pictures and stuff. But I do still want to come and check it out.

Allen

Codye Brynn said...

I wish I could go to Florida, Disney World is on my list of places I HAVE to see. I do get to go to Disneyland in May so that is the next best thing right?

Hazel said...

you and the planet mars is my favorite picture. nice job there.

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Ok. So I'm lame. I haven't seen nor spoken to you for ages, and here I am on a Wed even' at home in Nevada at 2am not able to sleep looking at peoples' blogs. You might call it Blocking (blog stalking) but whatever. :) I just wanted to say that it was great looking at your pics!!! I heart Disney World! Hurray for Mary Poppins ( She's always been my fav) & the Rockin' Roller Coaster. Oh, and I would totally have spewed watching you eat oysters. I'll go with you to DW any time!!!

Nikki said...

Hey, fun trip! But 6 posts does not a blogger make. Come on, you're funny. And you're single. I bet you have lots of interesting stuff to blog about!

Melissa and Allen said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG BLOG BLOG!!!!!!!

Allen