Thursday, June 26, 2014

3-day refresh

The first thing I did to start my transformation journey was a cleanse.  It's actually a new product sold by Beachbody.  Basically, it's a high-fiber diet, with veggies, fruits and high fats and a natural vegetable-based protein shake and it lasts for 3 days.  They market it as a product you can do anytime you're a little off kilter and need a jump start. 
The calorie intake was substantially less than usual.  I calculated about 900 calories a day.  BUT, I had great energy.  As I write this post at 630 in the morning the day after my last day on this, I still feel great.  AND I LOST 10 POUNDS DOING IT!!!

10 FREAKING POUNDS!!!

Trust me, one may think losing 10 pounds in 3 days is unhealthy.  However, considering the amount of nutrient rich foods you are still eating (Shakeology in and of itself is a miracle drink), believe me, it's safe.  But, I'll be honest, I'm glad it only lasted 3 days.  I love fruit, and fruit is pretty limited in this cleanse. So I can't wait to get back on it.

Here are a few picks of some of the meals:


 Anyway, I'm stoked that I was able to see some great and quick and HEALTHY results, but I'm glad to be getting back to a less restricted regimen.

What I'm planning on doing next is the 21-Day Fix.  It's a workout/eating program where the foods will be measured in containers.  I'm doing it because the biggest reason why I gained so much weight is because of my portion control.  I need to get back to better portion control.

So, I'm now at 259.8 lbs and I'm stoked to lose 40 more.

Here's to being 1/5 of the way done with my goal!!!!


No comments: