Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2012 is gonna BRING IT!!

7 Things 2012 is gonna bring:

1. Milana: I can't WAIT to meet her.  She's gonna be the cutest baby of all cute babies.  Gerber is gonna feel her cuteness once she's born and call me up to use her as the new Gerber baby face.  That lady who does the pictures with the babies dressed as sunflowers and stuff, sleeping in pots or whatever, is gonna devote an entire portfolio solely for our baby.  The Miss America pageant is gonna give her a preemptive Miss America 2033 because they can already tell.  Point is...HELLA ADORABLE!!


2.  Leap Year:  It only happens once every four years, or 25 times every 100 years.  It's momentous.  

Which brings me to number 3:  The Summer Olympics:  Every leap year equals summer Olympics.  If I don't have tv then, I will make sure I get it.  The Olympics are the only time I watched tv religiously.  All the records, stories, and inspiration fuel me every 4 years, or 25 times per century.  So excited for this one!

4:  A house:  That's right.  I'll hopefully be a home owner this year.  You may ask "But Dave, you'll be a poor student with a new baby?  How're you gonna afford that?"  Let me answer that question with two words: LAS VEGAS!  This place is the Mothership of foreclosures and over-development.  We've found 4 bedroom/3 bathroom houses in nice areas for LESS THAN 100,000.  That's a cheaper mortgage than our rent we're currently paying for our 2 bedroom apt.  The only thing potentially standing in our way is finance approval.  But, we'll figure that out because I want to finally own a home and no bank or mortgage lender is gonna stop me.


5.  Med School: Even though I'm sorta in med school now, I'm still not in "med school" med school.  I still have an MCAT and interview in my way.  However, it's already deep in the universe that I'm going to med school so 2012 is gonna bring the DO class of 2016, including ME.  We're already setting up plans for families and what not to come for my white coat ceremony in September (it's at the Rio.  Rio=Carnival World Buffet, a wonderful perk.)  This journey is gonna be tough and suck and everyday I marvel at the insanity of myself for still wanting to go through with it, in addition to the wonder why Jessica is still willing to deal with this.  What an amazing woman!  Crazy for willing to stick through this, and amazing!!  No wonder I married her!!  Here's to 8 years of forgetting what your husband looks like!



6 and 7 are self explanatory:





There you have it!  A baby, extra day, home, olympics, future doctor, batman and hobbits, all wrapped up in one glorious and splendid year.  No offense 2011, you tried.  It's just that 2012 already has so much going for it!  I'll be there soon 2012 so you can start warming up the cheese dip!

No comments: